What Happens if I Disagree with the Government’s Determination of my Property’s Fair Market Value?

That is the most common example of how I help people with eminent domain matters. What happens is that the government has to pay for an appraiser, hired by the property owner, and oftentimes and engineer, and an counter appraisal is done by the property owner. It is not uncommon at all with my law practice for that appraisal to be two, three, four times the amount of the government’s appraisal value.